What is an IWD Checkout Magento Connector?
The Connectors or Extensions allows your Magento store to place the IWD Checkout-Page on your site, as well as communicate with the IWD Checkout platform. It will also help to keep your store's orders updated, receiving the latest status from the Payment Gateway.
How to Download & Install the Connector?
For Downloading the Magento Connector, you will need to create a new integration on your IWD Checkout account.
Download Connector steps:
- Access to your IWD Agency account here: https://www.iwdagency.com
- Locate the IWD Checkout option at the left sidebar and click on it.
- Click on the Integrations tab and click "Create Integration" button
- Capture the required information and click the "Save" button:
- Website URL: Type your base website URL without the prefix and ending slash. i.e., iwdagency.com
- Company: Type your company name. It will help you to identify the Checkout-Page later on.
- Company Type: Select from the dropdown the best option that fits your business type.
- Used Payment Methods: Select which payment method is currently being used in your store.
- Used Shipping Methods: Select which shipping method is now used in your store.
- Once you have saved your company information, it will display the Connector configuration section. Select the Magento platform from the "Platform" selector and click on the "Download" button.
- Copy the API Key as you will need it to configure your Magento Connector on your store.
Install the Magento Connector:
Once you have downloaded the Magento connector from your IWD Checkout account, follow these steps to install the Magento Connector properly. Remember to have your API Key as it will be required on this process.
Please do not use 7zip software to unpack the .tgz package if you decide to install the extension via FTP.
- Log-in to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager
- Enter your Magento username and password for the Magento Connect Manager
- Select the Choose File button under the ‘Direct package file upload’ section
- Locate and select the extension file on your computer and click Upload
- Click on the Return to Admin button
- Go to System -> Cache Management and click the Flush Magento Cache button
- Finally, log-out and log back into your Admin panel to complete the installation process.
If you are installing it from using ssh console, please follow these steps:
- Backup your web directory and store database
- Install IWD Checkout Magento Connector by uploading the package to your directory:
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder:
- Run the following command:
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Now run the following command:
php -f bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Flush store cache; log out from the backend and log in again
Validate IWD Checkout Magento Connector Installation and Configure API Key:
Once you have Installed the IWD Checkout Magento Connector, validate your installation accessing to the IWD Checkout option on your Magento administration panel.
- Log-in to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to Stores -> Configuration -> IWD Agency -> IWD Checkout
- Locate the "General" section and paste your API Key on the "Integration API Key" field.
- Click the "Save Config" button.
- Locate the "Connection Succesful" message on the General section "Connection Status" field.
What kind of information does the IWD Checkout - Magento Connector exchanges with IWD?
The IWD Checkout Connector exchanges the following information with the IWD Checkout platform:
- Cart Information
- Cart ID
- Coupons & Promotions
- Tax Info.
- Subtotals & Grand Totals
- Customer Information (If customers are logged-in into your platform)
- Contact Details (Email, Name, Last Name)
- Billing & Shipping Addresses
- Shipping Methods
- Available Shipping methods for the current cart
- Shipping Method Name and rates