How to Configure and Use the Google Maps engine?
The Store Locator from IWD Agency comes pre-integrated with the Google Maps engine to display your map. You will need to create a Google Cloud Platform account to configure this option.
Follow these steps to configure the Google Maps integration in your IWD Store Locator:
- Create a Google Cloud Platform account and Create a New Project.
- Generate your API Key by going to the Credentials section on the left side menu. Make sure these credentials are being created for all your Google Cloud products.
- Copy and paste the App ID from your Google Cloud Platform on your IWD Store Locator Admin Panel > Configurations > Map section.
- You're done, don't forget to Save your store!
Google Maps restrictions:
According to Google Maps API documentation, the following are standard usage limits:
- 2,500 free requests per day
- 10 requests per second
If the daily limits are exceeded, you may encounter the following issues:
- If you are trying to fill geodata for stores, the latitude and longitude will be displayed as 0
- If you are trying to find something on the map, the center of the search zone will be displayed improperly.
In these cases, you must either wait for your requests to be restored or purchase a Google Premium Plan.